Rosanna Golf Links Primary School believes in the importance of developing essential literacy skills and strategies which aim to develop a love of literature, a sense of confidence and an ability to develop multi-literacy skills so they can actively participate in our ever changing world.
Rosanna Golf Links is committed to:
- Identifying best teaching and learning practice which is based on research and theory and is delivered to students consistently across the school.
- Planners are developed as a team and are used and, if required, adapted by individual teachers to cater for their class’s needs.
- Differentiated curriculum in classrooms, so all children are catered for based on their individual needs.
- Involving students in whole school celebrations of literacy through events like Book Week and the Premier’s Reading Challenge.
- Linking learning to ICT (Information and Communication Technologies), where possible, to ensure students are using computers to develop literacy skills.
- Using meaningful assessment across the school to ensure teachers know their students and how to teach them.
- Providing students with additional assessment and extension programs such as ICAS, Tournament of the Minds and Gateways.