PREP 2025 ENROLMENTS
In 2023, the State Government introduced a new state-wide enrolment timeline for all government primary schools. Their aim was to make the enrolment process clearer and more equitable for all families.
Here’s how the prep 2025 enrolments will work:
- Schools cannot accept any prep enrolments in term 1, 2024
- In late term 1, a ‘Prep Enrolment Information Pack for Schools for Parents/Carers for the 2025 school year’ will be distributed to all families by early childhood service providers (kindergartens and childcare centres). The pack will also be available from the school. The ‘Application to Enrol’ form is included in this pack.
- Monday 15th April 2024: from this date enrolments can be submitted to the school using the ‘Application to Enrol in a Victorian Government School Form’ from the information pack.
- If you are interested in enrolling at our school, please complete the Application to Enrol (this form will be available in the ‘Enrolment form’ section of this page) and send to email@example.com If you require a paper form, please email the school on the above address or phone the school office on 9457 4178.
- A more comprehensive enrolment form will be provided when placement is offered.
- Our school follows the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy for the enrolment, placement, and transfer of students. For further detail please visit: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) | Victorian Government (www.vic.gov.au)Students who live within the school zone are guaranteed a place at our school.
- To find out whether you live in zone, visit findmyschool.vic.gov.au All other applications will be considered subject to available space, and prioritised according to:
- students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- Open days, information sessions and Education Week celebrations will be held. Dates will be advertised on the school website.
- Families must return their completed ‘School Enrolment Form’ by Friday 26th July to formally accept their prep offer. This form will be included with your letter of offer.
- Families will receive written notification of their enrolment outcome in the week commencing Monday 29th July.
- Prep 2025 transition sessions will take place
Victorian government school zones are available at www.findmyschool.vic.gov.au
School zones for 2025 will go live at the end of term 1, 2024.
Students residing in the Rosanna Golf Links Primary School zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. Rosanna Golf Links also accepts enrolments from families outside the designated zone.
Open Days offer a way for families of prospective students …
Open Days offer a way for families of prospective students to tour the school’s grounds and facilities.
2024 Prep Open Day will be held on Thursday 25th May 2023, 9.30 – 11.00am.
Student lead tours: 9.30 – 11.00am
Principals address and questions: 10.30 – 11.00am
You are not required to book in for these sessions.
See our Enrolment page for further information or feel free to Contact Us.
PREP 2024 SCHOOL TOURS
Currently we have availability for school tours on the following dates:
- Friday 24th March, 9.30am FULL
- Monday 3rd April, 12.30am FULL
- Wednesday 3rd May, 10.00am FULL
- Friday 12th May, 9.30am FULL
- Tuesday 23rd May, 1.00pm
These small group tours will be with our Principal Kirrily Lamers and will last for approximately one hour. Bookings are essential. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
The school is surrounded by well-maintained, park-like grounds, shaded seating areas and modern play equipment. A football oval, soccer field, cricket nets, basketball, bat tennis and handball courts, outdoor chess boards, sand pits and a stationary train provide plenty of options for outdoor activities. As well as these extensive grounds, your children will enjoy the very latest facilities including:
a well-resourced library
latest information technology
an art and craft room
a science room
a music room
In addition, the school is host to a Deaf Facility supporting children with hearing impairments.
Rosanna Golf Links also incorporates an out of school hours care program on the premises run by TheirCare. Your children can stay safely within our familiar surroundings both before and after school.
International Student Enrolment Information
Level 1 accredited schools
Studying in Victoria
Victorian government schools are a destination of choice for international students. Our schools provide international students with a high-quality education, excellent English language tuition and caring welfare support services. To learn more about studying and living in Victoria as an international student, see: www.study.vic.gov.au
How to apply
Most international students must apply to the Department of Education in order to study in a Victorian government school. To learn about the application types and to apply, see: How to apply
Contact our school
For more information about international students, please contact the below staff member.
International Student Coordinator (ISC): Kerilyn Bennett
Phone: (03) 9457 4178
Rosanna Golf Links Primary School is accredited under the Department of Education’s CRICOS registration (CRICOS provider name and code: Department of Education, 00861K). For more information, see: www.study.vic.gov.au